Welcome

Hi. I’m Aaron. I design stuff. If you’re here, it means you probably went to check slickpixel.com. First of all, thanks for being interested. Unfortunately, SlickPixel had become stagnant. I felt that I needed to justify my presence on the web by having a site that was dynamic and actually had something to offer. A two year old, stale site wasn’t it.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want SlickPixel to become. I have some really big plans which, when mixed with procrastination and anal retentiveness, mean big timelines. Which brings us both here. The SlickPixel blog site. This site will offer more up to date content, and serve as a nice replacement until the new full SlickPixel site is completed.

I hope you enjoy, and if not, you can always visit my old site here.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heads & Shoulders: A tale

If you are planning on shaving your head, I'd like to share something with you. The one thing you should keep in mind and may overlook is: sunburn. I just want to paint you a picture for a moment.

Imagine you shave your head one day, then the weekend rolls around. And what is the purpose of weekends? Exactly. Frolicking merrily outside. Well you run and rip and do you thing. For hours. Day turns into night turns into morning turns into day and you realize your melon is a little riper and sorer than usual. Great. Sunburn. Well, not much you can do now aside from play the aloe game, huh? So you wait out the healing process, neglecting your hats for a while.

Well, what happens when your sunburn heals? Yep. Peeling. So what was your reward for being an active human and enjoying the sunny weekend? That's right. Mutant Dandruff. Dandruff large enough to cast shadows as it falls. Dandruff so heavy that you feel it hit your shoulder before noticing it in your peripheral.

Good luck masking that, my friend. People notice crap like that. And what's worse, no matter how impeccable you hygiene practices, there's a stigma about foreign objects propelling from your cranium.

So next time you plan to shave and play, just remember to SPF it up there, hoss. And if you forget, you can always write a post on your blog explaining the situation in a format that appears to be a warning and not an embarrassed plea for acceptance and understanding.

By the way, this didn't happen to me. A friend of mine. You wouldn't know him.