Welcome

Hi. I’m Aaron. I design stuff. If you’re here, it means you probably went to check slickpixel.com. First of all, thanks for being interested. Unfortunately, SlickPixel had become stagnant. I felt that I needed to justify my presence on the web by having a site that was dynamic and actually had something to offer. A two year old, stale site wasn’t it.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want SlickPixel to become. I have some really big plans which, when mixed with procrastination and anal retentiveness, mean big timelines. Which brings us both here. The SlickPixel blog site. This site will offer more up to date content, and serve as a nice replacement until the new full SlickPixel site is completed.

I hope you enjoy, and if not, you can always visit my old site here.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Grocery Shopping Observances

We noticed these pretty rad little M&M packages today in Walmart. I use the term "little" loosely. I think these were the 5lb. feedbags. They weren't all like this, just the ones this size. The other sizes still used the current package design. But I thought these were pretty cool throwback designs for M&Ms.




Here's another one that I noticed a while back, but remembered to snap a picture today. This is a before and after of the Sauer's spices. Nothing too thrilling, but all in all I think it's a good, clean redesign. Plus, I'm glad somebody realized that you don't need a picture of the spice to know what you're picking up. This nice new look obviously extends to their website as well. More on the redesign here.

Apologies for the crappy photo quality above. They were taken with the camera phone.

No comments: