Welcome

Hi. I’m Aaron. I design stuff. If you’re here, it means you probably went to check slickpixel.com. First of all, thanks for being interested. Unfortunately, SlickPixel had become stagnant. I felt that I needed to justify my presence on the web by having a site that was dynamic and actually had something to offer. A two year old, stale site wasn’t it.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want SlickPixel to become. I have some really big plans which, when mixed with procrastination and anal retentiveness, mean big timelines. Which brings us both here. The SlickPixel blog site. This site will offer more up to date content, and serve as a nice replacement until the new full SlickPixel site is completed.

I hope you enjoy, and if not, you can always visit my old site here.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fed Holiday Party 2008

Forgive me for not blogging recently. Also forgive me for not posting this earlier because I wanted to get it up Sunday (that’s what she said). Or, don’t forgive me at all and be a jerk and hold a grudge just because a guy got a little busy and couldn’t post meaningless crap.

Moving on, Amanda’s Holiday Work Part for the Fed was this past Saturday at the Valentine Richmond History Center. Here’s a pic of us in front of a big tree:



Note my tie. This marks the first occasion since I decided to make the Half Windsor my tie tying method of choice. It beats the crap out of the Four in Hand knot that I used to do.

Anyway, we drank, ate, toured the Wickam house, and even learned a little bit of Valentine family history. For instance, did you know that the Valentine family made their fortune by selling…

Meat Juice!?

It was supposedly a health tonic made from pure beef juice. I’ve heard they just pressed carcasses and bottled the juice that came out, but I didn’t see anything online to substantiate that (but I didn’t look very hard). Although, there's probably only so many ways to make Meat Juice. But check out the sweet old bottle and label design:



But it was a fun night and I actually learned something. Plus, now I know what to get everybody for stocking stuffers.

No comments: